Chief Technology Officer,
Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS FT
1. Craig has shown inspirational leadership in building, supporting, and developing the digital team within MKUH. Craig invests his personal time in ensuring that everyone within the team has the opportunity to develop into the best they can be – with a consistent focus on improved care and experience for patients, and efficiency and effectiveness gains for staff. Team morale is something to behold.
2. He has a vision and takes people on the journey to delivery through the challenges of the GDE programme and exceeding the aspirational targets across the Trust.
3. Craig delivered MVS 1.0 six months before it was announced, at the start of the pandemic one of the largest risks was seamless transfer of GP and hospital data, this was discussed, planned, and delivered within weeks and now is accessed over 26K times per month.
4. He has developed partnerships which allow over 80K residents access to their hospital records, Craig has led and developed the relationships with the likes of Zesty and Apple to open up access for the residents which increases on a daily basis.
5. Craig has worked collaboratively across the ICS to develop relationships and integrated digital pathways that overcome different technology installations. He regularly shares learning across organisations, both within the NHS and wider across the globe, with our EPR vender often asking us to be a reference site for other countries. Craig consistently drives new innovations into the organisation, via the nursing tech fund, as a GDE FF, and ensuring the executive and board understand the importance of digital BAU funding.
He supports staff with CPD internally and externally, promotion of the MKWay. Full team are ambassadors for the Trust and the Trust digital programme.
Craig led the digital implementation of Cerner across the full Trust, gaining the support of the clinicians and passing HIMMS 5 with HIMMS 6 assessment underway.
100% of GPs in MK Alliance connected bidirectionally during the first wave of the Pandemic, rolled out to community and mental health and GPs in Bedfordshire Care Alliance footprint with excellent uptake (26K accesses per month).
Joint announcement with Oxford of being the first UK Apple Cerner integration which built on the Zesty access for residents.
Craig holds membership of BCS (MBCS), Registration with FEDIP (FEDIP Advanced Practitioner), Certification through CHIME (CHCIO), Digital Academy Cohort 3.